Monday, May 5, 2014

Comparing ObamaCare Sign-up to Nazi "Train Rides"..Must be TWIT OF THE WEEK!

First, I want to apologize for my lack of post as of late. I have a lot of reasons (aka excuses) for why I haven't posted any political stories/pieces, ranging from duty-related work to lack of inspiration. However, I hope to change all that in the weeks to come. I can't promise that I will always be able to regularly post here but I will certainly try my best in the near future..

To celebrate my return to blogging, I have decided to revive an old tradition I would have here, honoring the top "Twit" in news recently.



For those who don't know my policy of classifying politicians and pundits as "twits", here is a quick review: a "twit" is a politician partisan who often speaks out of one's arse and is generally ignorant or just plain moronic in their public statements.

And today's inductee into the "Twit Club" is Tennessee State Senator Stacey Campfield. What wonderful thing has Mr. Campfield done to earn such a prestigious title? Well, I'll let his own words (as reported by POLITICO today) speak for themselves:

"Democrats bragging about the number of mandatory sign ups for Obamacare is like Germans bragging about the number of manditory sign ups for `train rides’ for Jews in the 40s,"

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/05/obamacare-holocaust-comparison-106375.html#ixzz30uQUy5CR


Now, as my readers know, I'm hardly a fan of "Obamacare", including its individual mandate, and I too like the occasional political barb that ruffles folks' feathers, but to compare the sign-up of a government-run healthcare "reform" program to the forceful movement of Jews to concentration camps is a step WAY too far and honestly not even remotely clever.

Remember folks, the use of "Nazi" imagery, references or comparisons by American politicians and pundits is the surest sign of a simple mind!

DISCLAIMER:

All comments and/or opinions expressed in the above work are purely those of the author and do not represent that opinions/positions of any political or non-political organization or the Department of the Defense. Any/all distribution of this work MUST contain this disclaimer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment